Browse Items (14 total)
- Tags: demolished buildings
The original Wingdale station, which was located near the current Pleasant Ridge Road.
When the Harlem Line north of White Plains was being electrified, all stations were required to have an updated high-level platform. Due to the track curvature at Thornwood it was not a good candidate for this upgrade, and the station was closed in 1984. By this time the old station depictured in this postcard had been replaced by a squat brick structure, which still stands and is occupied by the local Chamber of Commerce.
Dover Furnace Station and Mutual Milk
The former Dover Furnace station and the Mutual Milk Company, located near the current Dover Furnace Road.
Postcard view of the stone station at Hawthorne, similar in style to neighbor Pleasantville, constructed circa 1905 and demolished circa 1950.
Brewster station and freight house
Postcard view of the station and freight house at Brewster sometime before 1931 when the current Tudor revival station was completed.
Williams Bridge Station
Postcard depicting the station at Williams Bridge, originally located on the southeast corner of Gun Hill Road.
Postcard view of the station at Amenia. Passenger service to Amenia was discontinued in 1972, and has now been converted into a rail trail.
Postcard showing the station at Purdys, which was demolished to make way for the construction of I-684.
Postcard showing a grade crossing in Wingdale, where today's Pleasant Ridge Road / County Route 21 is located.
White Plains Electric Service
Scene at White Plains, prior to 1914 when a new station by Warren & Wetmore was constructed, and after 1907 when service on the Electric division commenced.
Mount Kisco Wood Working Company
Located approximately one half mile north of Mount Kisco station, Mount Kisco Wood Working's shop was adjacent to the Harlem's tracks on Hubbell's Drive. Today Hubbell's Drive no longer crosses at grade, but finishes at a dead end on the west side of the tracks. On the east side of the tracks is the Mount Kisco Commons strip mall.
White Plains Station and Platform
Postcard of the station and platform at White Plains, prior to 1914 when a new station by Warren & Wetmore was constructed.
Scarsdale Before and After
Two views of two stations at Scarsdale. The station in the second image still stands, completed in 1902 and designed by Reed and Stem in the Tudor Revival style to match other local buildings.
Real photo postcard depicting the station at Towners, located on the Harlem Division near the crossing with the New York and New England Railroad.