Wassaic House

The Wassaic House, a hotel located alongside the railroad tracks, was built in 1851 and owned by wealthy local Noah Gridley. Gridley was also a financial backer for Gail Borden’s milk condensery, which with the railroad and Gridley’s own iron works, were the three most influential industries in the history of Wassaic. The building still exists today, and is used as artist studios as part of the Wassaic Project.